Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Sunday, October 04, 2015

The last supper

Its 2:11 a.m. on Sunday morning. Monday morning she'll be admitted to the hospital to have her gtube placed. That means today is her last day to eat.

Can you even imagine????

I have a lot of hopes and prayers right now:

I pray that this is more difficult for us than it is for Angela.

I pray that she has been so uncomfortable eating that she is is *relieved* she doesn't have to anymore.

I pray that she doesn't have the wound problems she did when she was little and had a gtube. (we had one problem after another for four straight years!)

I pray that Angela understands how much we love her and want her healthy.

I pray we don't have any problems getting her insurance to cover the formula we want her on. The usual stuff is just junk!

I pray she doesn't get sick from all the favorite foods I'm going to let her eat today.

I pray that our spunky girl doesn't lose her spunk in this process.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am praying for your sweet girl and will pray with you on all the specifics you asked for in your post. Much love and strength coming your way.