Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mary

On the other side of the world, in Serbia, she spends her days in a crib, already confirmed available for international adoption and still she sits. Nearly 6 years of looking at the same four walls. Nobody has bothered to teach her to walk. Nobody has bothered to teach her to talk, or play with toys.

With dark eyes as big as saucers she takes in her small world.


Sadly, there isn't much to take in. She is loosing hope. I've seen her three times now, and she's loosing her battle to stay connected to her world. Her spirit is screaming for her mother to find her. "Mama. I am here. Can you hear me calling you? Can you feel my spirit touching yours?"

I know her mother is reading here. You may not know you're her mother yet, but your spirit is stirring. You're busy worrying about money and God is telling you, "Stop. Stop worrying. When I lead you follow and you'll be on the right path."

You think you don't have the stamina needed to get through the international adoption process, but I'm here to tell you to stop worrying. You could have your daughter home by summer.

"Mama. I'm here. I will wait for you Mama. I can't wait to feel your arms around me. I can't wait.....Mama."

1 comment:

And patiently waiting... said...

I will second the plea...Search the depths of your heart...follow your stirring and desire to be her mama!

Serbia is a wonderful place to adopt from! She is worth it!