Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Parking Wars...for REAL!

Tonight Dean and I were watching a fun show. "Parking Wars". Have you ever seen it? We get a real kick  out of it, probably because it's not us having the problems. The episodes are usually filmed in Philadelphia, which we're quite interested in these days.

Tonight's episode had a segment about "No standing" zones. HUH? Clearly we are small town here in Minnesota, because I have never heard of any such thing except in front of an embassy. (don't try to take pictures there either...no matter how cool the ornate wrought iron fence is. Ahem!)

So I turned to my trusty friend google, and looked it up. I found one of the funniest..albiet confusing...blog posts I've ever read. I think you might enjoy it, and, if you live in Minnesota you'll be glad. We're simple folk here, I think.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Totally encapsulates NYC parking. I lived in the city for four years and drove ONCE, and that was to drive an ambulance. I hattttte driving and parking in NYC. I can't parallel park for my life, so I can't drive in the city.

Becca said...

Ha! We lived in Philly for years, and I remember how totally confusing their signage is. Actually, my husband and I had a very lively conversation recently about that very same Parking Wars episode and the difference between "No Standing" and "No Parking." LOL