Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Just A Few More Days

I've had several posts spinning through my head since 3:30 a.m. this morning, all revolving around the emails I received about this post. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the words "fabrication" and "all lies" and very neagtive "thanks to you" comments by supposed LEADERS in the international special needs adoption community. (if you don't want to say it to my face, just say it to someone else and it will eventually get forwarded to me.)  Really? You don't think one person of the eight people who were in that meeting read that blog post and wouldn't jump all over me if I posted something about the meeting that was untrue? ............sigh.........

I'm choosing to bite my tongue right now. I have other things to worry about. On Saturday we leave for Philadelphia, admit Axel to the hospital on Sunday, then Monday around 6:30 a.m. he'll be brought to surgery. And, he's the only surgery that day (it takes many hours!) so I expect they'll be on time! LOL

How do we explain this to him? We can't. We show him pictures of kids in halos and various types of neck braces. We really have no idea what hardware he'll come out with, as it's all dependent upon what his bones look like when the surgeon gets in there. (Just the thought of that creeps me out a little bit.) Like many post-institutionalized children, he stims with his head, which worries me about neck braces, etc. He's able to do it in his current neck brace, but I'm not sure what other type of neck brace would be used for him after surgery.

The person who is staying at our house came today to pick up keys, go over details, etc.

Oh, and I shaved down two dogs today too. One more to go. UGH! They were a mess, and now they have ugly haircuts. I just couldn't spend the money to take them to the groomer right now, not knowing how much we might have to spend for hotels while in Philly.

Tomorrow ....oh wait, it is tomorrow...I have a new person coming to clean. We're doing BIG cleaning. Big I tell ya. Might even get the floors mopped! LOL

Somehow there is laundry to do. Really? I came home with a suitcase full of clean clothes, and Dean did at least 2 loads of laundry in the 10 days I was gone. (could be more, I said "at least" because that is all I see evidence of.) If only we could all walk around naked. It could happen.

I need to send more tax stuff in this week...........sigh............

I have an IEP meeting for Axel set up for Friday morning. I'm dreading it.

I woke up at 3:30 this morning and am still up (it's 5:20 now) Somehow I think I'm going to need a nap by 10:00 a.m.

No comments: