Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We are here!

WE arrived safely and without any unusual events. Axel enjoyed the flight, particularly the take-off and landing. ;-)

When we left Serbia it was snowing and cloud, and the de-icing stuff covered the window so he couldn't see out. He really had no idea we'd left the ground. Today he enjoyed the pretzels, and the pop, and the iPad while Mama dozed off and on. He was a little worried about the tears running down my face during the plane's decent.

Let's just say as soon as I know when Axel's surgery is, I'm scheduling to have MY surgery for my ear tubes to be re-done. The last 45 minutes of a flight is excruciating. And I still can't hear well.

My friend Colleen and her son Nolan picked us up from the airport, and we were able to enjoy dinner together! What fun to get to know someone I've known online for years! We  met on downsyn, my internet "home" for the past 5 years or so.

We're all checked into the Ronald McDonald house, and have Skyped with Papa and Angela. Tomorrow's appointment with the surgeon is at 1:00 (12:00 pm at home) and you KNOW I'll be updating after that!

Thanks for your prayers everyone.

No comments: