Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Saturday, November 07, 2009

I've got my kid back!

So, after much deliberation, and trying to figure out what has changed, and what hasn't that would warrant Angela's erratic behavior the last couple of weeks, we decided to try putting her back on one of the meds we took her off 2 1/2 months ago.

Who knows why she was fine all that time, then a switch was flipped one day, turning our world upside down. Whatever it was, that switch has been flipped back and I have my fun, loving, funny kid back. The anger is gone. The aggression is (relatively speaking) gone. The smiles are back. Her teacher even called us on Friday after school, to let us know Angela had an amazing day. I'm sure her teacher was as relieved as we were!

And all is right in the world.


3 comments:

Sheila said...

I am so happy for you all! Have fun this warm wonderful weekend.

Kathie Brinkman said...

Can I have some for a not to be named family member?

Tamara said...

Great news!