Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Monday, June 15, 2009

What's brewing?

Angela had a great day today, but I noticed something very strange...she did NOT ask to eat every 15 minutes today! In fact, she ate breakfast, then 1/2 her lunch, and that's it! Mind you she swimming and track, and we played ball outside together. When we got home from track I asked her if she was hungry for dinner, "No, I'm just lay on the couch." She proceeded to grab a pillow and a blanket, and was out in a couple of minutes. 

Yeah, she could be going through a growth spurt, though it would have to be out and not up, because she's not really going to get any taller. It could be from the adjustment I'm making to her meds, (we're weaning her off the Risperdal) but that should make her LESS tired, not more. Or she could be getting sick. Other than the staph infection she had in her belly button and ear a couple weeks ago (did I post about that?) she hasn't been sick for quite some time. She has no cold symptoms. Nothing. Just no appetite and sleeping. 

If this was one of my other kids, I wouldn't give it a second thought. But because it's Angela, I worry over the little things because with her, they seem to turn into much bigger things really fast!

1 comment:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

That is so weird! I never knew anyone got infected belly buttons until Gabi did about a year ago! It was gross! Anyhow, thanks for all of the advice on my blog! You gave me a lot of great advice!