Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Thursday, June 04, 2009

To the guy in the silver car

Yesterday Angela and I, along with my SIL Dawn and her husband Kelly, took a motorcycle ride through downtown St. Paul. That would be me on my bike, and Angela in the sidecar.  It was a beautiful night for a ride, and Kelly lead us through some areas I'd never seen before, like the Indian Mounds and Cherokee Park. 

So, somewhere around the Excell center, while sitting at a light, I heard someone yelling behind us. I turned around to see what was going on, and in the other lane, about 5 or 6 cars back, was a black man hanging his head out the window, arm in the air waving at us. "Hi Angela!!! HI ANGELA!!!!"  

Then the light changed and we made out turn.

Really, I have no clue who this person was.

So, to the black guy hanging out of his car in St. Paul who apparently knows my 13 year old  daughter...ummm.....Hi.......?

*please note, I only mentioned the friendly guy's color because he wasn't an asian guy in a car, or a caucasian guy in a car, or a woman in a car. Maybe the guy reads my blog and will drop in and say, "Hey! That was me!"

2 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Hi This is Joyce. I get that with Sarah so much. We will go places and all these people will be yelling "Hi Sarah" and I have no clue who they are.

I am curious about your bike and sidecar. Sarah and I have been looking at them. What kind do you have and do you have any suggestions for us.

Anonymous said...

Ha! We go into our local IHOP about once every six months, but the last two times we've been there two different waitresses have said, "Hi Lucy!". We have NOOOO clue how they know her. Too funny!

I see this was posted a few days ago. Did you get any info as to who he was?