Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lumps

Oh, another quick post. Last night Tyler was here to sell me stuff (another post for when I'm feeling better). While he was sitting next to me, he turned his head to say something to Dean, and that's when I saw it. A HUGE lump on the side of his neck, right behind the tendon that runs along the neck to shoulder. I couldn't take my eyes off it. As soon as I had a chance, I felt it. ROCK HARD! I know it's a lymph node, but it is ROCK HARD. He says he has another one like that on the back of his knee. They're not sore or swollen...just HUGE and ROCK HARD! The one on his neck is AT LEAST the size of a golf ball. UGH! He has to get into the doctor and get checked out. No health insurance...nothing....ugh!

So, if you could please pray for this little development, I would sure appreciate it. In the meantime, I'm going to pretend to not worry about it.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'll say a prayer for your guy! We have dealt with lymphnode issues in Nate's neck for over 2 years. He would get HUGE lumps in his neck - sometimes hard and sometimes soft. Occassionally, he would have to be treated for infected lymphnodes. It was exactly this time last year that he had three suspecious lymphnodes removed from his heck for a biopsy which came back normal. Fast forward to a year later and he still gets enlarged lymphnodes from time to time. Just this summer we found the culprit - allergies to dairy and soy. Sorry for the rambling message! Will pray that his lump is nothing serious.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

We'll definitely be praying!!!

Tom P. said...

We don't want to scare you but Michel the RN says he needs to get to a doctor right away. We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.