Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Testing insanity

Clearly Angela needs more physical outlets. She loves swimming, but for now it's only a couple days a week. She's out of school very early cuz she's too tired to make it a whole day. (but then comes home and spends exactly 6 hours driving me insane until bed time) I'd like to put her in something else. She needs something every day of the week, even if it's just to eat up time until bed time! She's in special olympics, but she's not bowling this year, so her next sport (basketball) doesn't start till January or something like that. I think I'm going to enroll her in Karate.

No, really...I think she'd love it! Now, it's very possible that I will regret this decision, but every time one of those flyers come home from school or arrive in the mailbox I think, "I can picture Angela doing this."

And then I think of this young man. His name is Carson, and he's amazing. He also has Down Syndrome! He has a Black Belt in Shotokan Karate. I would love Angela to be that successful in something! If you go to his website, make sure to look around at all his video's. He's something to watch!

I think this could be one of those "sink or swim" kinds of things, but I'm not sure if that's for me or for Angela.

No comments: