Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My life is distinctly different

Like most people, I have a whole bunch of "me" wrapped up into one package. I'm debating about splitting my blog into a bunch of different blogs. There would a blog for the "not-so-hot-biker-chick" side, and a blog for the "I'm raising a child with disabilities" side, and then the "dog breeder/trainer" side.

I know a lot of people visit my blog to read about my life raising a child who has Down Syndrome. They're usually new parents who are just starting out on their journey and want to see that they CAN do it. When they get here they have to muddle through the other parts of my life. ~O)

There are people (usually the families who have bought puppies from us) who come here looking for more of a dog journal, training tips, and stuff like that.

Then there are the other biker chicks who cruise around looking for biker related blogs.

Oh, and there are my grown kids who come here looking to see if I'm talking about them.

Breaking it all up wouldn't be such a bad thing...or would it? If I kept it all together, those new parents of new babies with DS could see that life goes on, DS or not! Those new puppy families can see that it doesn't take ALL of your time to train a dog. That there is still time for other stuff in life too. Those biker chicks could see....what? I dunno, except maybe why I don't have as much time to ride as I'd like? LOL

Most of you who are reading here are regulars. What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leah, please don't! :-) I love the fact that you're writing about your WHOLE life - we are both years (you more than me) into raising a child with DS, and I find myself reading your blog so many times, thinking that it's so good to see that it's not just me who juggles so many things in my life. It shows people with and without kids with DS that life goes on; and eventually the DS is actually just another part of life - along with breeding dogs and riding bikes. I come here to draw wisdom, strength and courage. Because you are one of a few people in this world that shares that with the world. Sometimes you write about the exact same stuff that's going on in my life - and the caleidoscope of your life is why I feel that connection. And I thank you for that.

Kathie Brinkman said...

Keep everything together. That is what's real. We all have multiple facets to our personality. It is very good for other parents of kids with DS to read that life does go on. Blessings.